Main Image

The grievance process is used if you believe your rights have been violated or you have been abused or mistreated by a Wellness Center staff member. If you file a grievance, the quality of your care will not suffer and there will be no retaliation for your actions.

When you enroll as a Wellness Center client, you get a list of your rights and information about how to file a grievance. Grievance forms are available in the lobby, from staff members, or can be downloaded here: CLIENT GRIEVANCE FORM

You have 12 months from the date the rights violation happened to file a grievance. To file a grievance, you can:
  • Ask a Wellness Center staff member for help
  • Call the Clinical Director or Program Manager at
  • Send a letter or grievance form to the Program Manager,
         San Carlos Apache Wellness Center
         P. O. Box 0
         San Carlos, AZ 85550
If there will be an investigation, you will be able to meet the investigator (usually the Program Manager or Clinical Director) and tell them what happened. After talking to you, the investigator will talk with the person that you say violated your rights.
The investigator will get any other information needed to decide if your rights were violated. You will get a letter in the mail within 30 days of filing your grievance.
The letter will:
  • tell you what the investigation found,
  • tell you if any actions will be taken, AND
  • tell you how to appeal the decision, if you do not agree with it.
If you are not happy with our decision, you can appeal to the tribe's Health and Human Service's Director (928-475-2798, x 1104), or to the Tribal Council's Health and Welfare Committee (928-475-2361), or the state government. To do so, call the ADHS/DBHS Office of Grievance and Appeals at 1-800-867-5808, or send a letter or grievance form to:
Division of Behavioral Health Services
Office of Grievance and Appeals
2122 E. Highland, Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85016